Friday 13 February 2009

Valentine's cards















This is a new one for me lol - valentine's isn't really my thing at all -I can't remember the last time we did anything to celebrate - definitely before kids lol! How terrible is that!! Its not that I'm not into the whole romance, hearts & flowers things - just don't confine it to only one day a year lol!!! Think hubby would have heart failure if I actually gave him something on valentines!!!!!
This year though over on England Stampers Kathy came up with the idea of a valentine mingle - so we all sent/received 3 cards - what a great idea I thought - until it actually came to putting them together - first it was deciding on images, then colour combos - all the time stressing whether or not they were 'appropriate' for valentines without being overly soppy or sentimental as they're all for ladies!!

The precious moments card was a last minute my 9 y/o daughter wanted me to make for her boyfriend!!!! Honestly, kids lol! When I was 9 boys were just these strange smelly creatures who made life hell (ok, so here I am at 36 - and opinions haven't changed a whole lot lolol) I found the image on a colouring page, so reduced it and printed - then coloured with prismas, added a bit of ribbon, brads and a printed greeting - and hey presto one happy little girl lolol

The others are the cards I made for the mingle so hopefully they're ok.
The tilda image is one I had sent a while ago, had it coloured but never used lol, sat her on a little heart tag (hanglar I think - found it amongst all my images lol) and put her onto the embossed swirl background which I painted with shimmer paints - similar to H2Os but lots cheaper lol Paper is papermania, heart brads, beads and little heart charm from stash, ribbon from local market!!!

Used papermania papers again for Melinda - had to ink this one and use it as soon as it arrived - which luckily was in time for valentines!! Again, ribbons from stash - little red hearts are cut from the centre strip of a ribbon, printed a greeting and added a few peel offs to 'finish'

Finally the cutest little kitten I've seen for a while. Used prismas to colour the image, cut around and mounted onto a piece of embossed heart card I had in my box of tricks!!! added a couple of white heart brads to the corners and to the ribbon, backing paper was a freebie download, but can't remember where from lol. another printed greeting, silver die cut swirls - fitted together to make a lovely heart lol and of course peel offs!!!!











5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super duper cards....Happy valentines day.

TinaB said...

Beautiful cards xxx

jo said...

stunning cards hun, huggs jo x

thread-bare said...

Well I think they are fantastic xx Love the kitty one too xx Can you email me hun as you have won my blog candy & I need your address xx

tracey said...

great cards